By Darren Porche (Photo courtesy of Startup Stock Photos from Pexels) Sterling, Kansas — May 7, 2018, 10:00 A.M.
It’s that time of the year when all homework is over, all quizzes are finished and all tests are done as well, but that means it is finals week. This is the week all college students dread mostly because they’re looking forward to the week’s end when they all can leave and go home. College students shut everything down for finals week and bury themselves in studying and trying to get that last grade to help them out for the semester. Now studying for finals isn’t a bad thing, but sometimes studying too hard can get stressful. To get over that stress I have some stress relief tips during finals week:
- GET SOME SLEEP! – During finals week, students tend to stay up most of the night studying like crazy trying to “cram” before that exam. Staying up all night studying for the exam is not the best way to go because you’ll be way too tired to be focus on the test. I say “get you some sleep” every day leading up to the test that way you’ll be fully rested and ready to go.
- Take Breaks – While studying, people like to keep going nonstop without taking a break. The brain of a college student isn’t meant to constantly be on one subject for long periods of time. While you’re studying you should take some breaks to get your mind off studying for a good minute or two.
- Listen to Music – Find yourself a couple songs that you can listen to and go away into and be by yourself. When you’re listening to your song you can be calm and relaxed.
- Hang out with friends – To get your mind off the long nights studying and relax, you can go the simple route and hang out with friends. You guys can go out, watch movies or do nothing together and have some laughs.
- Just Stop!—Just stop the long nights, stop working yourself so hard you can’t sleep and just stop overwhelming yourself. No matter how much you overwork yourself it’ll hurt you most of the time and almost ruin your chances on that exam. If you just relax and trust your brain knowledge with the fact that you got this! Trust that you have what you need to pass that final and get this semester over with!!!!